About Lifeway Kefir -Lifeway's foundation product is Kefir - a creamy probiotic dairy beverage similar to but distinct from yogurt. Lifeway offers the largest selection of Kefir in the world. Based on whole milk, low-fat or non-fat pasteurized milk, Lifeway Kefir has a unique effervescent quality that stems from the exclusive blend of kefir grains. The blend of cultures contains seven to ten billion CFU’s of 10 strains of bacteria, plus ProBoost, our exclusive pair of clinically proven probiotics to balance your body’s ecosystem, support digestive health and immunity – that’s 12 live and active cultures per cup. Lifeway Kefir is:
- Filled with more beneficial cultures than other fermented milk products such as yogurt or buttermilk.
- Cultured for 14 to 16 hours, whereas most yogurts are cultured for just 2 to 3 hours. It’s that extra time that gives Kefir its high probiotic activity count (7-10 billion CFUs per serving) and its delicious effervescent taste.
- Made with organic milk from grass fed cows, free of rBGH (Bovine Growth Hormones) and antibiotics.
- An ideal milk substitute for infants, pregnant women, nursing mothers, convalescents and the elderly.
- A good remedy for digestive problems such as colitis and IBS, and is particularly helpful in reestablishing necessary intestinal microflora that may have been destroyed by antibiotic or other medical treatment.
- Available in 12 flavors in lowfat, nonfat, whole milk, children’s (ProBugs™), both lowfat and whole milk organic, and lowfat organic varieties under the Helios brand.
- Produced in 32 and 8 ounce bottles found in the dairy section of supermarkets, grocery stores, gourmet shops, delicatessens, and convenience stores.
- All of Lifeway's products are gluten free.
In the spirit of full disclosure, I was given a free sample, No payment was given and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own.