Join us on October 17, during School Lunch week, to celebrate what’s great about school lunch—and learn how we can all work together to make it even better. It’s not too soon to start planning this fun, healthy, community-minded event!
Parents: Join your child at school, line up with a lunch tray, and learn about what’s being served in the school cafeteria. Find out more about National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day, then download the toolkit so you can get your school on board and make the most of this fun family day.
School officials: Host a Lunch Day event for one class, one grade—or the whole school! Get the scoop on what Lunch Day is all about for schools, then download the Lunch Day toolkit to start your planning.
Get inspired by schools that took part in National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day 2011!
Want to get involved? Click on the links below to download more information and tools!
- Sample letter to send school officials
- What goes into school meals?
- What should a lunch tray look like?
- Questions to ask your food service provider
- Talking with kids: Cafeteria conversation starters
- Checklist: How to plan a National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day event
- Sample invitation to send parents
- Presentation: Sample talking points (PowerPoint)
- Feedback form for parents
@KiwiMagazine on twitter
On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KIWIMagazine
Brought to you by
- School Lunch: Let's Grow Healthy
- Whole Kids Foundation
- Stonyfield Farm
- My Healthy School
- KIWI Magazine