Host a Backyard BBQ
For the grill master in your life, a BBQ is a fun way to celebrate Father's Day and prepare a nutritious meal. Invite family and friends over to try some of these recipes:
- Citrus Pasta Salad
- Grilled Cheesy Garlic Potato Packet
- Mediterranean Grilled Snapper
- Grilled Italian Turkey Burgers
- Fruit Salad with Strawberry-Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- Grilled Portabella Mushrooms with Herbs
- Chicken Salad Pita Sandwiches
- Fresh Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Enjoy the beautiful June weather with a relaxing picnic! Pack a basket full of some favorite treats and new options. Here's a list that will get your mouth watering:
- Grilled Pesto Chicken Packs
- Mediterranean Turkey Bagelwiches
- Caesar Chicken with Orzo
- Barbecued Pork Sandwiches with Slaw
- Angel-Fruit Parfaits
- Grilled Chicken Breasts with Cucumber-Peach Salsa
- Chicken Fruit Salad
Stock the Fridge
Make his day by stocking the fridge full of healthy staples combined with his favorite snacks. Clean out his fridge with help from this Refrigerator Audit, and while you're there use this Kitchen Safety list to re-arrange the kitchen so it's safer and more accessible.
Now that you're feeling inspired for Father's Day, visit the Solutions for Caregivers website to download these recipes, find more tips, and learn about providing care for a loved one.
Your friends at Pssst...